Sunday, June 5, 2011

Words of Wisdom for Parents: The Gut, Microbes, and Poop

I recently came across this post from a lactation consultant in Paris, that beautifully describes a holistic approach to gastrointestinal health, starting with birth. At first glance, the title "The Gut, Microbes, and Poop" may make you uncertain whether you want to read on, but if you are about to become or already are a parent, this is worthwhile, because let's face it, poop is something all parents must learn to become very, very familar with, as it is a sign of your child's overall health and well-being. For the first few years, you will see most of this poop come and go. If you or your child have ever experienced any of the following conditions, this post is an absolute must-read: cradle cap, eczema, skin rashes, “baby acne”, a red ring around the anus, thrush, dark circles under the eyes, difficulty organizing states, cognitive delay, difficulty sleeping, poor appetite, poor growth, “colic”, “high-needs” behaviours, congestion, reflux, refusing the breast, arching at the breast, gassiness and infection. All of these can be improved dramatically by taking a naturopathic or holistic approach to optimizing digestion and uncovering possible food allergies.

Without further ado, here it is:

holisticIBCLC: The Gut, Microbes and Poop.: "There’s a topic I spend an inordinate amount of time thinking about. To the point that I think I may be obsessed. To put it into perspe..."

3 comments:

Dr. Kimberly Hoffman said...

Thanks Doc! I appreciate you letting us know about this link. I love your blog!

Dr. Justin Hoffman
http://truhealthmedicine.com

Gary said...

This is so cool. I absolutely love naturopathic medicine. It's so real and raw and I like it when I have a natural cure to some ailment rather than pushing pills.

Lucas said...

I love your blog! It makes me think of naturopathic medicine. Keep up the sweet blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails